Calorimetric studies of chemical reactions:
- liquid and solid substances (thermal decomposition, polymerization, etc.),
- interactions between liquid substances (dissolution, mixing, hydration, neutralization, etc.).
Measurement of physical and chemical properties of substances:
- specific heat capacity of solid and liquid products
- thermal conductivity of liquid substances.
- phase transitions in condensed substances (melting temperatures and heat of fusion, polymorphic transformations), glass transition temperatures, times and temperatures of oxidative induction.
- solubility of substances,
- temperature of the beginning of decomposition of substances,
- thermal effects of chemical reactions.
The obtained experimental data are used to:
- construct kinetic models,
- select safe conditions for processes,
- evaluate the thermal stability of products and their compatibility,
- determine the critical conditions of a thermal explosion.